Become a Trustee
We are looking for skilled trustees who can help manage our vibrant projects. If you want to give something back to your community by managing other volunteers, fundraising, or offering legal expertise, please get in touch. We are currently looking for a trustee with digital and marketing experience.
Trustee with digital and marketing experience
What you’ll do:
- provide thought-leadership on digital and marketing best practices
- guide and deliver digital and marketing strategy development and roll-out
- manage the centre’s Twitter account and newsletter
- mentor/support any digital and marketing staff or consultants
- attend Board meetings every month and contribute to the governance of the charity.
Although we’ve had a website for a number of years, we need to increase our use of social media to connect with a community of local people as well as volunteers and supporters.
You’ll help us improve our digital communications and marketing to attract new users and supporters as well as connecting with existing ones. You’ll also lead our digital fundraising activities including possible crowdfunding opportunities.
This is vital, interesting work with a small but friendly and focussed team (meet the Trustees).
The role of a trustee
To maintain an overview of the charity’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
We’re looking for someone who is local, energetic, committed and can give a day per month supporting the charity.
- empathy with the vision, mission and aims of Brixton Community Based, and commitment to the organisation
- strategic vision and ability to think creatively
- willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to undertake the role effectively
- good, independent judgment
- ability to work effectively as a member of a team, valuing other Trustees’ contributions
- ability to analyse and evaluate management information and other evidence
- willingness to listen and learn
- ability to challenge constructively and ask questions appropriately
- ability to maintain confidentiality on confidential and/or sensitive information.
- understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
Find out more
If you would like to apply, please send your CV with a brief description of your experience and how you feel you can contribute. Please note that this is an unpaid position.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to the equality of opportunity in both the provision of our services and the employment of staff, trustees and volunteers to provide these services.